You can install the navigation from the set of 3 resources, typically sent by email:
- navigation+sdk package as download link
- map package as download link
- license file as attachment
Our supported Windows platform are WindowsCE, Windows Mobile, WindowsXP and Windows 8, and the installation procedure is the same for all of them.
Prepare installation image
Out of the downloaded packages you need to construct the following folder structure setup (image).
Drive\ Res\ Maps\
We recommend to construct it locally on your computer. And finally as such copy it on your target device.
The installation image needs to be constructed through merging the contents of the two packages and a license file.
The navigation+sdk package with its subfolder Navigation/Sygic2D fills the Drive and Res folders. The content of the map package needs to be copied inside the Maps folder, which should be cleaned up before if e.g. populated with demo maps. As the last step the license file (mlm file) needs to be copied inside the Maps folder. Finally the image should look as follows (the example with Europe map).
Drive\ Res\ Maps\ alb\ and\ aus\ bel\ ... Europe.mlm license.txt
Activating the navigation
In the use for testing purposes you can Activate with a trial code.
If you purchased licenses for commercial usage the navigation needs to be activated according to an agreed mechanism.
The following activation scenarios are supported:
- On-device preactivation by means of Partner site
- Remote activation with PHP request scheme
- Remote activation with Sygic activation utility
- Remote activation with SD card tool
Installation on device
Installation of navigation is about to copy the image to an appropriate place on sdcard or internal memory. Typically the image is copied to the device's root folder as follows (example with sdcard):
sdcard\ Drive\ Res\ Maps\
Alternatively it can be placed inside a wrapping folder and moved into an arbitrary location, example Sygic2D:
sdcard\ Sygic2D\ Drive\ Res\ Maps\
But please note that positioning of the Sygic software in the device's file system is subject to device's configuration capabilities as well as your requirements for application invocation.
Invoking the navigation on device
The navigation invocation is about to start Drive.exe application, which is on one of the following paths depending on your platform:
The invocation of the application can be done in several ways:
- clicking on Drive.exe file in OS shell or through File Manager
- filling the Drive.exe full path in a device configuration. Then typically power off an on the device for auto start. Alternatively there is often a special GUI button to trigger the application
- by means of a call from another program