In four steps you will be able to run the navigation-integrating demo application on your Android device.
All available examples demonstrate the use of API functions for communicating with navigation core, and thus they illustrate designs of simple applications.
You need to have the Eclipse installed on your computer. If you don't have it please follow Download Eclipse ADT.
Step 1 : Download package
Download the navigation+sdk package zip with our Contact form. Make sure Android as Operating system is selected in the contact form.
You will receive the download link to your email in few seconds.
The package contains:
- Navigation application as apk with resources files inside the folder Navigation
- Demo application source code and supporting libraries inside the folder SDK/Examples
After downloading please unzip it locally on your computer. It should look as follows:
Navigation\ Sygic2D\ Drive\ Maps\ Res\ SygicFleet.apk Sygic3D\ SygicTruck.apk SDK\ Examples\ Lib\ 2d.ipc\ RemoteApi.jar 3d.ipc\ RemoteApi.jar
Step 2 : Build the demo example using Eclipse
Open any of the existing demo example projects contained in the package via Eclipse.
Each project represents single example and you can find it as a subfolder on the path SDK/Examples/.
Each project is preconfigured for a single click compilation, which generates .apk (e.g. IpcDemo2D.apk), in short Demo.apk.
Select one example for importing into Eclipse for compilation. The following demo examples are available:
demonstrates api usecases using 2D navigation engine
In case you have a problem with compilation there is a precompiled apk in the package inside SDK/Examples/XXX/precompiled.
Step 3 : Install apk's on your Android device
The previous step resulted in generating Demo.apk. Now we need to combine it with an appropriate Sygic navigation application version, which resides in the folder Navigation:
- Example IpcDemo2D can be combined with a Sygic2D navigation version
- Example IpcDemo3D can be combined with a Sygic3D navigation version
This step is to copy files to Android device's SD card:
- copy appropriate navigation version from Navigation to sdcard root (e.g copy Navigation/Sygic2D to sdcard/) More details on how-to in Installation of 2D navigation
- copy Demo.apk to sdcard root (e.g. copy IpcDemo2D.apk to sdcard/)
The setup on your device might look as follows:
sdcard\ IpcDemo3D.apk SygicFleet.apk
The all you need is to install the two apk's in a standard way by clicking on apk through a File Manager.
Step 4 : Run the example
After successful installation of apk's two icons appear on your Android device. Click on the Demo icon, which will run the navigation demo example.